This palatial house from the beginning of the 19th century. XVIII is today a point of reference, not only for its beauty but also for its history and the quality of the wines it has always produced. Its interior is rich in tiles from the 18th century, and marble, typical of the region, is also found everywhere. According to the story, the Quinta was once acquired by D.João V to offer it to a courtesan, D.Maria, with whom he was hopelessly in love.
It was this courtesan who gave the name to the Quinta and to the wine that is currently produced here. This Quinta is also known as Quinta do Carmo, because at a time after the construction of the house, a chapel was built dating from 1752, which was dedicated and consecrated to Nossa Senhora do Carmo.
The Dona Maria wines are a reflection of a detailed work, from the vineyard, to the batch made, as is the case of this delicious and gastronomic rosé… even when ordering grilled meats or good Alentejo sausages.