Quinta do Carmo, dating from the beginning of the 18th century, in 1720, and located in Estremoz, where a baroque-style mansion was built, considered the only “Chateaux” in the Alentejo, was acquired at the time by the King of Portugal Dom João V, to offer to his beloved (and lover), a courtesan by the name of Dona Maria. And this was the inspiration for the current name of the wine brand. 150 years ago, the ancestors of the current owner, Julio Bastos, acquired this Quinta and planted the first vines, being owned by the same family since then, crossing several generations of wine producers. Dona Maria wines represent a different Alentejo that starts with its location.
A great cassico from Alentejo for which we recommend decanting for 2 hours.
A red wine fermented in a marble mill and aged in new French oak barrels for 1 year.
WINE ENTHUSIAST 94/100 PTS
WINE SPECTATOR 91/100 PTS
ROBERT PARKER 95/100 PTS